The power of social media is amazing! We’ve raised thousands of dollars through birthday fundraisers on Facebook the past year. It’s something that is so simple, but deeply impactful. If you have a birthday coming up and you’re interested in “donating your birthday” to us, we’d be forever grateful! All you have to do is follow the simple steps below:
When your birthday is approaching, Facebook usually gives you a reminder and an option to create a birthday fundraiser. Then they walk you through the steps of creating and publishing your very own fundraiser.
If for some reason they don’t give you this reminder, it’s also very simple to create your fundraiser following these 7 steps:
- Go to your Facebook Account
- Go to your Home page and look on the left side column. Click ‘see more’ and scroll down until you see ‘fundraiser’. Click on it.
- Click on +Raise Money in the left hand column.
- Choose ‘Nonprofit’ and then search for The River Ellis Foundation.
- Once you’ve selected The River Ellis Foundation, you can personalize your fundraiser. You can title your fundraiser, select a goal for how much you want to raise, and create a time limit.
- Publish the fundraiser and invite friends to contribute, then watch the donations come in!
- Thank people as they contribute. After all, they are donating because of YOU and how awesome they think you are! (And we think you’re pretty awesome too!)
We will receive a check for the total amount raised approximately 45 days after the fundraiser is completed. It’s important to note that we don’t receive a list of all the individuals that have donated, so please be sure to thank them along the way. If you’d like for them to get a personalized thank you note from us, please send us their name and address at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be love to send them a thank you!
Please reach out with any questions you might have or if you need some help getting setup: email@example.com